Monday, April 2, 2012

Everything Old Is New Again


The pieces in this quilt were taken from the scrap pile that you saw in my previous post and from a Log Cabin quilt top that I made a couple of months ago that just wasn't working for me. The scraps of fabric were sewn together without a lot of regard for color or placement and then cut to a uniform block size. There are plenty of scraps leftover and am working on another one that will have a similar layout.


I am in love with the modern quilt movement and find that the large white spaces draw attention to the quilting detail. And don't you just love the backing fabric? It's from the Celebrating Seuss line from Kaufman Fabrics.  So, in true Dr. Seuss fashion I'll leave you with one of his most quotable quotes..."Be yourself because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."


7 comments:

  1. This is a great quilt--it definitely says "Debbie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Nice job. I am going to be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute! I love the clean lines and colors! Beautiful work lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I came across your blog via a google image search of modern log cabin quilts. I really like your use of white squares to highlight the coloured panels - a lovely change from white sashing. This quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete