Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shades of Grey and Turquoise 

Margie's Birthday Placemats
A few weeks ago my sister Marge (Sopkin Design) asked me to repair an old tattered placemat that Daisy, her Golden Retriever had mistaken for a chew toy. The placemat had seen much brighter days in it's prior life as part of a quilt I had made as a wedding gift that had also "gone to the dogs." (The quilt, not the wedding!)   So I decided to make her a new set of placemats - ones that would be fresh and modern and compliment her kitchen nicely. From my stash I chose recently purchased fabrics from Sew Inspired in Simsbury, CT  and a bit of fabric from my Denyse Schmidt collection. 
Last week, after "Show and Tell" at my weekly Sisters In Cloth meeting, I went to Margie's house to deliver the set of four placemats. Each one is a little bit different, but they are all of the same design - simple squares pieced together and machine quilted.  Marge was so excited that she immediately set the table for dinner and I just couldn't resist the opportunity for a spontaneous photo shoot. I must say the mats look great in her kitchen which is painted in a soft turquoise with tones of grey.



 



1 comment: